Friday, June 7, 2013

We have a name!

We finally have decided on a name for our son!  After much debating and many different lists, we have settled on the name Aubry Luke!  Our son will be the fifth generation of Aubry Taylors.  He follows after a long line of sweet and great men, hopefully he will continue on the tradition.  

Although his first name is Aubry, he will go by Luke.  This is also a tradition in the Taylor men-not one of them goes by Aubry.  There is Babe, Lane, and AJ.  We knew from the moment we found out we were having a boy that he would carry on the family name.  The hard part was figuring out the name he would be called. One of the really cool and random coincidences of the name Aubry is that it is also a family name on my side, the Livelys.  My grandfather's middle name was Aubrey and my uncle's name is Aubrey.  The spelling is a bit different, but nonetheless a pretty cool coincidence.  So.....I like to think that our son will really be carrying on two different families names. :) (And...both of these men did not go by Aubrey-CA and Bubba Lively)

This past week I was reading passages over him and praying over our son, and it dawned on me...why do I keep debating on what his name should be.  Aj and I had tried to come up with names that were unique, creative, rare, but Luke had always been one of my favorites (not because Luke was my boyfriend in 2nd grade:).  I knew that I wanted him to have a name that carried great significance.   Obviously Luke is a bible name: a man who was in love with the Lord, a doctor, author of a book in the New Testament, one of Paul's best friends, and a devoted leader of spreading the gospel.  I then looked up the meaning of Luke:  "bringer of light...morning."!  WOW what an incredible name, SOLD!  Right then I knew without a doubt this was the name for our son.  He has definitely brought  light and joy into the hearts of my husband and I from the very beginning and ultimately this has and continues to be my prayer for him-that he would be a light for the Lord just as Luke was 2000 years ago.  So....to make a long story short...we now refer to our son as LUKE!

21 weeks
 22 weeks
 23 weeks
 24 weeks
 25 weeks
Pregnancy Update:  Luke is a mover, shaker, and kicker.  It has been such a cool blessing the past few weeks of getting to feel him move around.  I LOVE these moments!!  When my belly moves and does crazy things, it makes him so much more real to me...that there actually is a cute, tiny, little baby forming and growing in my tummy. :)  Aj and my sister Tracy have gotten to feel him and I am sure in the coming week.....my whole family will have an opportunity to feel him.  At my doctors appointment today the sonogram tech showed me that he is already up past my bellybutton and close to me ribs............yep I think the third trimester could be a doozy for me, especially if he keeps up with his kicking and punching routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment