Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Taylor Trio

We are the Taylor Duo no more and we could not be more excited!!We are happy to announce (finally) that we are expecting Baby Taylor in September 2013!  We feel so happy and so blessed that God has given us this little peanut.  We truly believe that this little bundle is a miracle from God. 
So here's the scoop on how the last few months have played out.

December-After trying for a couple of months, MY patience was wearing thin.  God knows this to be true (unfortunately).  I decide to take a test on December 26th, praying for a miracle, however my test came back negative.  This was definitely not my first run in with a negative test, in fact, my husband was thinking about buying stock in First Response.  Just like every time before, I cried a little and found comfort in the arms of my loving husband and lifted up a prayer.  My worries and sadness were a bit deterred as I headed to Kauai, Hawaii with my mom and sisters.      

January-Our trip to Hawaii was AMAZING!  Kauai was so beautiful, time with my family was unforgettable, and the Mai Tais were yummy!  Unfortunately is was time to head back to work.  On my first day back to school I had to go grocery shopping after work.  If you are a teacher you know this is not an ideal time to do any shopping.  While at the grocery store I decide to pick up some more tests (yes I did go through several boxes since September).  After unloading the groceries I decide to take a test, however there was no excitement or anticipation this time.  I felt like I knew it was going to be negative, but I felt like I needed to take one in the slight chance that it was positive.  Well as you are probably concluding by now, it came back POSITIVE!  My first reaction was one of shock and then joy and then uncertainty.  So.....like any other normal person, I decide I need to take another one for confirmation.  AJ is still at work at this time, even though it is around 7:00.  (I remember this just like it was yesterday.)  In order to take another test ASAP I start downing glass after glass of water.  I am sitting on my bedroom floor just trying to drink water as fast as possible.  Finally I take the last test and it again comes back positive!! 

Telling AJ-I am so EXCITED, yet still in disbelief.  If you know me at all, then you know I am a planner.  This is not exactly how I had imagined I would find out that I was pregnant.  I wasn't prepared with cutesie baby things to surprise AJ with.  He was coming home in 30 minutes and I had nothing.  I love surprising people with good news in special ways (birthdays, gifts, etc) so I was conflicted-run to the store and have AJ beat me home or try to come up with something random.  I chose the latter and started my brainstorming.  I went in to the office and found arrow sticky notes, markers, and computer paper-not much, but it had to work.  I created little sweet compliments about my husband and taped them to the walls in our house,along with the arrow sticky notes which were pointing to your bedroom.  The last note on our bedroom door said something about him being a good daddy.  It was awesome to hear his response of shock as he opened the door.  I was there sitting on the bed with the two pregnancy tests and my camera recording in the corner.  This was definitely one of the most exciting and sweetest moments in our marriage. 

February-In February at 9 weeks we told our families.  We were able to tell my parents and sisters in Hutto, while picking up our beef (sorry felt the need to include this detail as it sums up my family).  They were beyond excited!  We gave my dad some sauces in appreciation of the beef-Sweet BABY Rays, PREGO sauce...well he didn't get it, BUT the picture frame with our first sonogram seemed to do the trick.  My little nieces and nephew were SO cute!  They couldn't believe there was a baby in my tummy.  They wanted me to lift my shirt so they could see it. :)  That same weekend, we drove to meet AJ's parents in Boerne.  We wrapped up a sign for AJ's dad which said 'Grandpa's Workshop, Where Broken Toys are Fixed'.  They were also very excited, their first grand-baby!  When we got home we Face Timed his two sisters, showing them the sonogram, and announcing they would be aunts for the first time.

March-12 weeks!  I officially had my 12 week appointment today!  I got to hear the heartbeat and hear him/her wiggle around in my belly.  It's amazing how something can sound so beautiful to your ears.  I am definitely learning every day of this pregnancy that you have to keep your Faith and Trust in God.  It can be so scary not being able to see or feel the little baby growing inside of you.  There are so many things that can go wrong, so many websites of scary information, but I am learning every day that I have to trust.  Whatever His plan looks like for this baby I have to trust that He is in control and that it is good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment